Monday, July 29, 2013

Must Be Monday- Lets Play in the dirt!

Must Be Monday!

Weeding the garden consumed most of my Monday. Weeding is always very calming to me. I try to look at it as time to clear my head and just enjoy playing in the dirt. Once the weeds were under control I had time to plant the rest of my green beans, another row of beets and turnips. Life is Good!

Putting up Kale!
I also had time to get some kale harvested and stored for this winter.
The kale was blanched for 3 minutes and plunged into an ice bath then weighed out to 10 oz portions and packed in ziplock bags ready for the freezer.


I'm watching you.


Tomorrow I will spend my morning at HILLANDALE farm. They provide  a summer camp for young kids.  I will visit with the goats and talk about the value of goats on a farm and show the kids how to milk.

Monday's Miracles 




Monday's Menu:

Burgers (from local beef)
Roasted Root Veggies with rosemary and thyme
Arugula Salad with homemade feta and walnuts



No comments:

Post a Comment