Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Why I began making Silk Tree Farm's Goat Milk Soap.



I started making goat milk soap about 3 years ago. I have always tended to have dry skin, but I started having sensitivity issues to different products and I began suffering from eczema, so my journey in soap making began. I wanted to avoid commercial soap products, so I became determined to learn how to make my own laundry detergent and started researching how to make goat milk soap on the internet. I had heard that goat milk soap was wonderful for your skin and I had plenty of extra milk from my goats. I found a very informative YouTube video on how to make soap. I started with the cold process method but once I tried the hot process method I was hooked. I love the bars of soap it produced. Since I started making my own soap I have not had anymore problems with eczema and my skin is a lot healthier. the goat milk soap is very nurturing to your skin. Customers have mentioned that it has helped their children who also suffer from eczema.

I am now making soap twice a week for sales at the farmers' markets and for the local stores who carry Silk Tee Farm's Handcrafted Goat Milk Soaps. The sales of these soaps are assisting in my future plans of expanding Silk Tree Farm. I want to thank all of the customers and stores who support us.

No comments:

Post a Comment