Thursday, March 14, 2013

Angel's Farm Reflection 2


Angel Arias                          Silk Tree Reflection                            2/28/13
*Second day at Silk Tree Farm*

Today, we did some work cleaning the trailer the pigs were in, and getting some things moved around. Actually, I’d say that a fair portion of the day was spent doing that, since besides that trailer, the chicken coop got a new coating of shavings, both of them; the laying hens and the other chickens that weren’t quite laying yet. I inquired about what happened to the other chickens that weren’t able to lay, and the response I got was that they were processed. That was interesting, and while I am not really too interested in removing a chicken myself, it would be an interesting experience; even to watch. But moving on, there was a lot of re-ordering on the farm, and Kathy also came to visit, which was interesting. But one thing I loved particularly was that I hadn’t really gotten the chance to cook too much, at all really, and we actually made pizza that day, it was really fun.  It was that day that I asked her if she had any ideas for my hook, if she had any ideas on what I should do; and pitched my idea about the pizza. She seemed to think it was a good idea, and now I’m going to go fetch two crappy low-quality prepackaged industrial pizzas, and we plan to prepare two more organic, farm-raised pizzas on Tuesday, I think that is an excellent idea for my hook. We also took apart the greenhouse, moved it, and put the framework back together. We also talked for a while about the chicken fodder research that I was going to assist Cathy in developing work on, and by the end of all that, plus the other, smaller things I am probably forgetting to mention, it was already the end of the day. Taking off boots is certainly something I need to remember, and something that always bugs me too. But that is a fairly thorough reflection on what I did today on Silk Tree Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment